Do you love the Starbucks Chai Tea Latte and wish to know how to make the Starbucks Chai tea Latte at home? If yes, then we have the solution to your problem. You can now enjoy this Chai tea latte at home for iced or cold variations easily at home. It is made with simple chai tea concentrate which has been sweetened lightly and can be made for storage so you can enjoy it every time you wish to. If you are someone who loves an extra shot of energy in the morning, you can add a shot of the espresso in this chai tea latte or if you are in the mood for an iced flavor, we recommend topping the drink with sweet Crema cold foam.
Starbucks Homemade Chai tea Latte:
What is a chai tea latte? The answer to this question is simple; it is a blend of black tea that has been infused with aromatic earthy spices in creamy milk. Mix it up with a little honey or sweet syrup gives just the right blend of spicy and sweet.
Making your Chai tea latte at home is no big deal as it takes only a few minutes. The concentrate can be made weeks before you make the drink so you can enjoy the drink every morning or in the evening.
Taking a sip of your iced tea latte in the afternoon after work just puts you in relaxing mode. We do recommend adding a helping of sweet cream cold foam atop the drink.
Difference between Homemade Chai Tea latte & Starbucks Chai tea latte:
We recommend to you make your chai tea latte at home using your own homemade concentrate as compared to the one you buy at the store. The reason we prefer this is because of the following reasons.
- Mildly Sweetened: the chai tea latte when made at home, can control its sweetness. Lightly sweetened is the best option which gives you the chance to enjoy the ting of those spices but just not too much. 1 or 2 tbsp of honey or maple syrup is just the perfect amount as a sweetener. As for the store-bought concentrate, it is highly sweetened and is usually used at Starbucks. So if you love your Iced Tea Lattes highly sweetened, we recommend the store-bought concentrate.
- The recipe to make the chai tea latte concentrate at home only requires a few minutes. You just need to add in the chai tea bags, some nutmeg, and cinnamon to the water and add a bit of honey or syrup as sweetener into it. Let the whole thing boil for around 10 minutes and you have your own concentrate for a chai tea latte. We recommend making it in large quantities to store it in the fridge for frequent use.
- Spicier taste: we personally think that making the homemade concentrate version is better as it gives a much richer spic taste. We think that due to the high concentration of sweetener, they dampen the taste of spice in it.
Ingredients for Starbucks Chai tea latte
These are the ingredients you need to make your Starbucks Chai tea latte at home.
- Water for making the chai tea latte concentrate.
- Chai tea bags are available in different brands but can be found at any grocery store.
- Ground Nutmeg and Cinnamon powder; we love to add both these powdered spices in our chai tea lattes for extra spicy zest.
- Honey or Maple Syrup; we opt for natural sweeteners for our chai tea latte but you can also add in sugar. A tip here is to always mix the sweetener when the concentrate is boiling hot. This will allow for the sweetener to dissolve more effectively.
- Milk; we recommend using the 2% milk because it is what they normally use at Starbucks and makes your Chai tea Latte resemble theirs. Still, you can choose whatever milk alternative you like.
How to Make Starbucks Chai Tea Latte:
Follow these simple steps to make your Starbucks Chai tea latte at home within a few minutes.
- The homemade chai tea concentrate holds up quite well in storage at home in a fridge. Steep your chai tea bags for about 10 minutes in hot water and discard the tea bags.
- Let the mixture cool at room temperature and after it cools down, pour it in an airtight container and keep it in the fridge.
- Now if you want to make the chai tea latte, simply take this concentrate and mix it with 1:1 in milk to have a tasty homemade Chai tea latte.
- You can serve the chai tea latte cold with some ice or if for a warm option, let it warm in a saucepan on a stove or microwave it in a cup.
- You can store the chai tea latte concentrate in the fridge for later uses. This concentrate can be stored perfectly well for about 1 week.
Variations of Chai tea Latte:
There are many variations that you can try for each day of the week for the Chai tea latte. We assure you that this will make your afternoons a little bit brighter and cheerful.
Iced Chai Tea latte:
If it’s a warm summer evening, we recommend a big glass of Iced Chai tea latte. Fill a glass with ice and add the milk and chai tea concentrate in a 1:1 ratio. Now dip a straw into the glass and sip away your troubles.
Hot Chai tea latte:
To start a long day of work and a busy schedule, there is nothing better than a cup of Hot Chai tea Latte. Take a small saucepan and heat chai tea concentrate tea and milk in a 1:1 ratio. You can also add in the ingredients for the latte in a cup and heat it in a microwave.
Dirty Chai tea Latte:
Are you a coffee lover? If yes, you need to try the Dirty Chai tea latte. All you need to do is to add 1 shot of that strong Espresso to your normal Chai tea latte. This gives it an extra flavor with a boost of caffeine.
If you don’t own an espresso machine, simply brew half a cup of strong coffee.
Sweet Cream Cold Foam Chai tea latte:
We recommend topping your iced chai tea latte with some sweet cream. This adds that extra flavor to it. Making sweet cream is easy in a blender and can be stored for up to 5 days in a fridge.
Pumpkin Cream Cold Foam Chai tea latte:
If you like pumpkin-made food items then you will definitely love the Pumpkin Cream Cold Foam Chai tea Latte. It looks too good on your iced chai tea latte and it also has that great pumpkin flavor.
All one need is some simple ingredients and a blender to make the pumpkin cream foam for the drink variation.
Extra Tips for making the Starbucks Chai Tea Latte:
Frothing the milk:
Whenever you decide to make a homemade hot chai tea latte, use the Milk Frother. Frothing your milk gives it a thick foam layer atop it that gives it the feel as if it is store-bought.
Adding Cold Cream Foam atop an Iced Chai tea latte:
For making your iced tea latte look as if it is a store-bought one, we recommend topping it off with Cold Crema Foam. You can make the cold foam easily with some heavy cream and add in some sweetener to sweeten it up a little bit more.
What is the Starbucks Chai tea latte?
The chai tea latte is actually black tea that is mixed up with warm earthy spices like cardamom, cloves, ginger, allspice, nutmeg, and star anise.
Is it healthy to drink Starbucks Chai tea Latte?
While this drink tastes delicious, it is not exactly a healthy drink. This drink is made with a chai tea concentrate that is packed with sugar. The chai tea latte has 240 calories along with 42 grams of sugar.
What is the milk used for making Starbucks Chai tea Latte?
Starbucks normally uses 2% milk for making their Chai Tea latte but you can use any kind of milk option. The 2% milk is the best choice because it keeps your latte creamy.
What is the Dirty Chai Tea Latte?
The Dirty Chai tea latte is made with 3ingredients instead of two; milk, chai tea concentrate, and a shot of espresso. While normally only 1 shot is used, you can add two or even three as per your caffeine need.
How much amount of sugar is used in a Chai Tea Latte?
When making the drink at home, you are in control of adding sugar. We usually opt to add honey or syrup rather than adding Sugar. 1 or 2 tbsp of honey or syrup is enough for making the drink just sweet.
Can one use store-bought chai tea concentrate for making the drink?
Yes, you can buy the store chai tea concentrate for making the drink. However, the store-bought one is really sweet but if you like it that way, use it.